Reading is a Journey, Not an Event!

Week 15!
Congratulations! You stuck in there and finished the course. Remember, "Reading development is an ongoing journey. It is not a one time event." Continue to read and seed knowledge.



Sunday, March 4, 2012

Self-Regulatory Behaviors

     The self-regulatory behavior that challenged me most during my first year of college was “time”.  It was controlling me, I was not controlling it.  I had no system for managing when I attended class, when I studied, my work hours, or social events I wanted to attend.  I thought I could keep everything in my head and it would be just fine.  Well it wasn’t.  I would not realize I had an exam until the morning of, or even worse, once I arrived in class and everybody had a blue book or scantron form. 
     My peer counselor advised me to get a school planner from the bookstore.  I repeatedly forgot to pick one up.  So eventually she outsmarted me and when I showed up for my counseling session she said, “Let’s go to the bookstore”.  We walked over, I purchased my planner for about four dollars, and we returned to the office where she walked me through the process of using my syllabi to note all exams and papers.  What a difference that made.  After that semester I always used my planner and still use one today.  That was the best four dollars I’ve ever spent.

Go to www.cynosurenewmedia.com//coc_vll/index.html to view video lesson #1 and then complete your blog.  Click on the green picture of the woman along the bottom of your screen then click "Got to unit" in the screen above.

1 comment:

  1. wow that's similar to some of the things i do todaymrs.burrus.

    ReplyDelete